No announcement yet.

GeForce 2MX vs. ATI R7000 and GF4 MX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce 2MX vs. ATI R7000 and GF4 MX...

Now that I've ordered all my parts for my new system, I've already got a buyer for one of my old systems. I'll be loading it full of software and games for them but one of its weakest points for running modern video games is its graphics card (GeForce2 MX200). I can run any game with it thats out there today but many games like Battlefield 1942, Morrowind, Unreal2, Command & Conquer Genereals, and Medal of Honor; Spearhead to name a few, have to be cranked way down to a low graphics detail setting to run decently.
    I donot want to invest into a high priced video card but was wondering what kind of a difference a cheap Geforce4 MX card or ATI Radeon 7000 would make compared to the GeForce 2 card I'm using right now. Would it be a noticable difference if I substituted one of those 2 cards into the system?

Please don't suggest any other cards becuase those 2 are all I have to choose from in my town and I'm not going to order.

The system I'm selling;
    P4 1.4ghz (423 socket)
    256 mb rdram PC800
    80mb harddrive
    Geforce2 MX video
    DVD & CDRW drives

depending on which Radeon7000 version you're looking at - it would probably be worse..the 7000 is single a pipeline GPU w/ no hardware T&L

just about any GF4mx would beat a GF2mx - especially an mx200 - but why bother if you're selling it?

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
      depending on which Radeon7000 version you're looking at - it would probably be worse..the 7000 is single a pipeline GPU w/ no hardware T&L

just about any GF4mx would beat a GF2mx - especially an mx200 - but why bother if you're selling it?
      How much of an improvement would the GeForce4 mx be? $40 worth? Could the above mentioned games run good on an average setting or is the difference going to be very slight?

Its for someone I know and I want them to be pleased with thier purchase. Not that they won't be happy with the card I have but I'm willing to take that extra step if it'll make a fair difference in gameplay.

Comment

I'm assuming that your talking about a GF4MX420 - the SDR Ram version...

in benchmarks - the GF4mx would be measurable better thanthe GF2MX - in gameplay you would probably notice the difference but I doubt it would allow to increase the eye candy during gameplay by a significant amount.

If you're selling the box to a friend - tell him to go out and buy a Radeon9100, if he's not happy...a sapphire 64mb will go for about $60US and give a much bigger boost

Comment

Working...
        X