Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: First Time Support

Default First Time Support

Hi Guys, I'm a long time user of shuttle computers and have always been a big fan. I have never even needed tech support in the past with the barebones units I have used and are still solid working puters, even if they are a bit hot. I bought my first fully functional computer in 15 years and you probably guessed, its a Shuttle(SD37P2). I bought it back in April of this year and I'm kinda shocked it took a dirt nap, everything died kinda quick after a large usb backup. I filled out Tech support Fri at Shuttle site and have heard nothing back, not even an automated response. I have tried all recommended steps to get the machine to work without any results, any suggestions?

P2 3700 XPC Gaming System
    Core2 Duo E6600 2.4GHZ
    2GB PC2-5300 667MHZ DDR2
    160GB Serial ATA HD
    GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

Default Re: First Time Support

hey Nademan,
    I'm sure your form is currently been processed, but if you dont hear back in the next day or two, post back here. In the meantime how exactly did your SD37P2 die? if possible also provide your location.
    Eric
    SHUTTLE Technical Support

Hi Eric, thanks for the quick reply. I live in Michigan and I beleive its a USB problem, I was doing a backup to a usb harddrive that ran for about 2 hours. After that my mouse didn't work, the screen locked up and then I got a BSOD with a usb error. Any attempts to restore or even reinstall the operating system ends in a BSOD, the only thing that is working is the BIOS. I cleared the CMOS, tried disabling functions (like usb), and still just BSOD with varying errors now and Microsoft Memory diagnostics is reporting back hardware failure. There is no way for me to trouble shoot any further without breaking the warranty seal on the case, which I won't do, but if this has to be sent back I have a big issue with sending the hard drive in it as it it full of business and personal information. No ones guarantee of privacy is going to make it any better either.

Don't suppose you have another hard disk to test with.
    If you did have to send back the machine, you can just return the barebone for repairs or replacement. Since your in the states, you could try contacting our local office there
    but before that i would suggest you contact where you got the barebone from.
    Eric
    SHUTTLE Technical Support

I'm wishing this was a barebones system that I bought, but its a complete system from Shuttle with a warranty sticker on the case to prevent opening the case. I do have my packing list with telephone # and location in California and there is still no reply to my tech request. I have tried booting from another drive attached usb and selected appropriate setting in BIOS, but with the same results-BSOD.

Thread Information