Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SG33G5 Dual Monitor?

Default SG33G5 Dual Monitor?

Hi,

I've just bought a SG33G and am wondering what settings I need to use dual monitors?

All of the literature that I read before I bought it seems to imply that this is supported 'out of the box' with no other hardware required. Having got it and reading the online manual it implies that I need to buy some more hardware!

Have I missed something?

TIA

Default Re: SG33G5 Dual Monitor?

Well, to use dual monitors you need a DUAL output video card, I.E you have 3 options for output, VGA, DVI and HDMI. If you look at the back of your shuttle, if there are 2 connectors, one blue and one white, then jus plug in the monitors and your done!

I think when they say 'extra hardware' they probably mean the shuttle doesnt have onboard graphics so you need to buy a discrete one!

Hi Thanks for the reply.

The back of the shuttle has two connectors for monitors. One is a standard VGA the other is a HDMI, and the shuttle comes with a HDMI-DVI convertor. Not having a monitor with HDMI or DVI connectors, I used a DVI-VGA convertor and plugged it into the HDMI-DVI convertor, thinking that I would end up with a HDMI-VGA convertor. The monitor that I am using worked perfectly when used with the VGA-DVI convertor on my old PC

The monitor plugged into this shows 'no signal' and the IBM video settings on the Shuttle shows only one monitor connected.

Is the HDMI socket enabled by default when I have the bios set to Onboard graphics? If so is there any way to use a monitor with only a VGA connection in a HDMI socket

Default HDMI is Default

To activate the digital monitors, I believe it's jumper pin 14 needs to be repositioned.

Actually I think that jumper is used to switch between the on-board video and an external PCI-E video card. I use the on-board video with a vga connected monitor however I use the standard monitor vga connection not the hdmi.
    Shadowtester

Shuttle SG33G5B
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Quad-Core Processor Over Clocked 3.1GHz
    Mushkin Extreme Performance 2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) with EPP Profile Dual Channel
    Samsung HD501LJ 500GB SATA 7200 RPM 16MB
    LiteOn LH-20A1L-05 20X SATA DVD Burner Black DVD±RW

Correct, the jumper is just used to switch between onboard and external video.
    Basically to use dual view you would be require to use an analog output (d-sub) and digital output (hdmi/dvi), to be honest i dont know if hdmi would ever convert to d-sub if at all.
    Eric
    SHUTTLE Technical Support

Well Ive just pulled the graphics card from my old pc. Its a winfast PX6600 td with dsub and dvi outputs. and the dvi-vga convert works fine!

SO there must be more than one type of dvi output.

Thread Information