Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SG33G5 no post (new system)

Unhappy SG33G5 no post (new system)

I just got my long awaited SG33G5 - great looking system.

I installed a Q6600, sata drive, IDE DVD Drive, and 2 GB OCZ PC26400 dual channel (2 x 1, supported). I am planning on using the on-board video, perhaps the hdmi.

The system won't post.

The only indicators I see are a red light by the first DIMM slot (from front) and a green light by the second. No combination of things changes this, including removing HD, OD and memory.

Any hints on what I can do to troubleshoot? No video makes it hard to increase voltage on memory (as I saw in another thread).

Brent

Default Re: SG33G5 no post (new system)

Update on this: I scoured other systems (my wife's - shhhh), and found it had memory that was also on the verified/accredited list for this system. Booted right up with the different memory.

The hard drive was bad, the memory wasn't up to snuff - double error on this build.

But now - all is well!

B

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: SG33G5 no post (new system)

I was about to suggest to test the ram on a different system, or one stick at a time in yours. I would still do that, you could have only one bad stick not 2

Thread Information