Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SN25P10 needs new MB

Question SN25P10 needs new MB

I love the case of the SN25P10, but the MB (FN25 V2.0) is gone. And my reseller doesn't know of any replacement, or preferably, upgrade motherboards available from Shuttle or anybody else.

On my other Shuttle, when the PS died and I was told that Shuttle no longer sold the part, I was able to modify the case slightly to put in a more powerful Shuttle PS, so am not averse to a little case-modding here as well.

Any ideas?

If Shuttle kept these, or preferably upgrade, parts in stock at reasonable prices, I could recommend Shuttle. But as it is, we're just trying to keep the 3 we have running a bit longer, because they ARE nice, and then get replacement PC's with standard components.

Default Re: SN25P10 needs new MB

Well, I got lucky on this one.

After completely disassembling the Shuttle, removing the MP, CPU and RAM, I could see nothing indicating a bad capacitor or other component on the MB. So blew off all the dust and re-assembled. And, miracle of miracles, it now works!

Must have been a wonky connector or ...? Surprised the re-seller didn't catch this; their repair people are usually pretty good.

Anyway, we're happy to keep this one running for a while longer.

(And sometimes persistence pays off.)

Thread Information