Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rugby World Cup 2003

Beefy Guest

USA / Canada have rugby teams?!?! What the!!

Yes its here and we have already reached the quarter finals:D 20 teams entered but only 8 remain after a grueling set of group matches. Tommorow 4 of the best rugby nations in the world will meat in matchs that will determine the best from lieterally the best; first we have the mighty New Zealand all blacks one of the favourties to win the world cup against the South African Springboks, the most improved team in the world cup this year. After that we have the home nation Australia taking on the mighty Scottish team who have shown some great skill this year. I would greatly appretiate any input about the world cup and your views on who will win these matches, i'm going to write a match to match report and i hope some of you will contribute:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

South Africa are out of the world cup. Although a great effort by South Africa in the first half to attack the all blacks they were no match for the speed of the NZ backs. One look at the last try of the match by Rokocoko is enough to show you the skill of the NZ team, with backs this strong i have no doubt they will make it to the final
    I would like to take this time to say that was the last match that Joost van der Westhuizen will play for South Africa, the last player who remains from the SA team that won the world cup:(

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    rugbydude: I've posted all the results over here as well. Can't wait for tomorrows games, both live on ITV1, missed the NZ vs SA game because it was on ITV2.
    Threads merged. ;)

Sorry bout that i've been away for a week:rolleyes: Anyway back to the rugby.

First match of today and a strong irish team walked onto the pitch feelin strong and walked off feeling weak after a fast and efficient French team left with a 43-21 victory.
    Next we had England against Wales. And i must confes i was more than expecting England win but after the first half i was sitting on the edge of my seat. Wales seem to have found their strength after the great match against New Zealand last week and put everything into the match today. England just managed to stock up the points in the second half and left with a rather close 28-17. :eek:

So what does the leave us, that leaves us with the two european sides taking on each other and the two southern hemisphere teams going head to head, France V England and New Zealand against Australia in what looks to be a great set of semi final matches:D

rugbydude: Based on these latest games, I would say France vs New Zealand for the Final. But this is the World Cup and anything can happen, good luck with your semi-final against France.

I'm gonna stick by england, although they've been as bit off form i'm sure they can pull themselves together:thumb:

Who hasn't been out of form of late?
    But I'm expection' an Aussie vs. France final but then ya never know with these pansy codes. :laugh:

N.Z. out!

Who's next? :devil:

i was amazed by the way australia played today, they attacked australia like men possesed:D i was completly shocked that new zealand lost but on to the final australia go. LEts just hope its england against them in the final:thumb:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information