Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SATA raid controller work with ATA hard drives?

I have a A7N8X deluxe mother board and 2 Western Digital ATA drives, the manual says that it has an onboard SATA raid controller. Will my ATA drives work on a raid 0 setup or do i have to buy a new controller?

:shoot3:

i don't see why it wouldn't work if you get sata adapters for your HDDs
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

this is my first built computer so could you describe the adapter i would need

Goto (reminds me of old dos!) Newegg.com and search for SATA dongle. Or Asus dongle. They have one for that board. As I also have the same board. It is $24.99. $10 off if you buy it with a harddrive. Personally I am going to get the WD 120 8mb cache for $107!!!
    I am trying to find out if I can use SATA with one harddrive and if it would be beneficial.
    Out of all the building of computers and stuff I have done, I have never learned anything about Sata or raid. I would appreciate it if any could tell me if it would be beneficial to buy this dongle and run the afformentioned harddrive with the ATA to SATA dongle on my A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0.
    Or lead me to a site that I can learn about it. I love to read and learn. I don't always like asking for direct answers 50,000x. I found the raid learning links below, still wondering if the dongle with the WD 120JB 8mb will benefit from it

Thanks if you can help. If it is beneficial and will do me good, let me know and I will buy it now, and then learn about it later. As I am still waiting for the rest of my system to come.

Thanks for any help,
    Chez

IMHO, SATA-150 isn't worth going out of your way for... I'm waiting for SATA-300, which was initially supposed to be out this spring, with -600 following Q4 this year... however, I'm hearing all kinds of reports, most of them saying -300 has been delayed until 2004 and -600 to 2005...
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Thread Information