Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing drive names

Thanks for your help...guess I'll get PM7 and just reinstall windows again...

Thanks to partitioning, should go fast as the windows partition is only 10 gigs...heh heh heh

U dont need partition magic if u are gonna re-install... u only need it to alter your current OS. Make sure none of the other drives are attached when u go to re-install as you may run into the same issue.

Drives are attached???? what do you mean?

When u install, simply disconect the drives that are not going to have the OS on them, that way u can guarantee to have it installed in the right one. U can leave your optical drives attached.

Will do

hey guys, i have slightly thesame problem as The_Sylven.

Following Thoric's guide on changing drive letter i received this message "Changing the drive letter of a volume might cause programs to no longer run. Are you sure you want to change this drive letter?"

My HDD is partitioned into two, drive C:\ is the main one, where windows were installed and other programs, and the D:\ is for files, mp3's, full programs ready to be installed on C:\. etc.. etc...

Also i wanted to use the letted "D" for my DVD-ROM drive rather than "F"

If I say "YES" to that message? will i have problems?

thanks in advance!

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE ŁUcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

U shouldnt have any problems as long as there is not software installed on the drive since there will be no links to the OS.

thanks bro!

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE ŁUcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information