Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raid 0 -----Raid 1

If u look at the asus p4c800 dlx u will see that there is only 1 channel for both the 0 and 1.

The way I had my system setup was that I needed a redundant storage system, but only to a certain amount. I had a nother 2 drives and used them for information that was alternately backed up, so I stripped them for better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieVen
    If u look at the asus p4c800 dlx u will see that there is only 1 channel for both the 0 and 1.

The way I had my system setup was that I needed a redundant storage system, but only to a certain amount. I had a nother 2 drives and used them for information that was alternately backed up, so I stripped them for better performance.
    Gotcha...
    - Damien

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    First time i ever heard of such thing...:confused:

Now that i think about it...even if its possible why would you want that...why not make it a Raid 0+1 and mirror the Raid 0 instead of just one single drive?

Are you sure you aren't talking about 0+1?

I never heard of having a Raid 0 on just one channel....
    Imagine you had 4 x 40Gb drives. Set up in a 0+1, you have 80GB space, all fully mirrored. In a 0 and 1 config, you've got 120GB space, 80GB fast and 40GB mirrored. It's probably the better solution, as you don't really need to mirror all your data, only the important stuff. All the 'consumable' stuff can be placed on the fast drive.

beefy !! that sig/pic is a riot! everytime i see it i crack up, the look on his face, his posture etc etc its 'kin hilarious man. thanks ; ]

For more info on RAID, try Best Sites About RAID ;)
    :-(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information