Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Incompatible Dell Hard Drives

I have a hard drive from a Dell Latitude laptop that I need to get info off of. The harddrive is IBM Travelstar, model # DJSA-210, the PC was only 3yrs old but I no longer have this PC.

I have another Dell Latitude CSX that I tried to put this hard drive in but it is much older and the hard drive is FUJITSU, model MHK2060AT. The hard drives don't match.

I also have a HP Omnibook and the hard drives are not compatible.

I have a HP Pavition desktop also

What I need to know is how do I get the info from this hard drive without the exact PC it came from? I went to Best buy and they told me that they could not help and there was no way to use the HP PC. With technology today I find this really hard to believe. Is there some kind of adapter that I can use or a services of some kind.

Any help would be appreciated..

There have been a rash of 2.5" external drive bays being sold around the net so one of these may be what you're looking for. They connect into a computer via USB port so should have any proprietary problems. Of course, I can't make any guarantees that it will work, but it might be worth checking into.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information