Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My Hard Drive's Corrupt

Hmm things are not all good. My computer was getting slower and started to freeze every so often, so I assumed it would be time to format pretty soon. But as luck would have it, my computer froze one last time and then my harddrive was corrupt. When I restarted, my computer would load until it was trying to load windows, and then restart again. The cycle continued. I installed windows on my second harddrive (this one has 3 gigs of memory, my main one had 28) and there's some stuff I'd really prefer not to lose if at all possible on my first harddrive... When I try to get to my 28 gig harddrive (via My Computer, it does show as having both harddrives in, but when I click on drive E) it says that it's either corrupted or not formatted, and I know which one it is... No recovery programs seem to be able to reach it either. I tried EasyRecovery first and now VCOM's Fix-It Utilities 5... neither was able to help at all. Any suggestions? My 28 gig harddrive had i think around 18 gigs used, but I only really need to recover a few things (essays I had written for college are my main worry, although if it's gone for good I can write them again...)

it doesnt look good m8...you might just have to cut your loses.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

If the drive is corrupt and cannot be fixed even when slaved off to another system, then it may be dead. Last time I checked, professional data recovery was going in at about US$1000/GB with no guarantee of data integrity.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    If the drive is corrupt and cannot be fixed even when slaved off to another system, then it may be dead. Last time I checked, professional data recovery was going in at about US00/GB with no guarantee of data integrity.
    :eek: :eek: $1000 US? hell i never realised it would be that much...adds up to about $2000 AU/gb...
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

As I said, this was just from the last time I researched the area. Prices may have dropped by now, but it will still be an expensive undertaking and there isn't any type of guarantee that the data will be retieved.

Besides, the prices are so high because it is generally only those in a business environment that require this type of service... and of course they can afford the exuberant price tag for mission critical data recovery.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information