Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: hd on highpoint controller

hello

I have a hd on my highpoint controller which has symptons of running in pio mode.

example, if playing halo and game needs to get data of hd it will pause whilst reading the data then carry on and I mean a complete halt as the hd ties up the cpu.

if i move the hd over to the normal ide controller this doesnt happen but If I turn off dma mode whilst its on the normal die controller the same thing happens.

So ideally I am looking for an app that will tell me what dma mode my drive is in on my highpoint controller, incidently it does this with all my drives I have done lots of moving around to check this problem.

And I know about the bios setup and I dont trust it, need something that shows what mode its using inside windows.

thanks.

Intel Application Accelerator sets DMA on all drives.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

are you usind 80wire cable?
    make sure that its plugged in right. when plugged in backwards, it wont run right.:eek:

yep using 80 wire

and on cable select, would I be better in changing jumpers to force primary?

Thread Information