Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RAID vs backups

:shrug: Question in class came up...Should companies use RAID OR backups OR both? Help???
    Kat

:cry: Would someone help meee?!!
    Kat

I could help you delete this pointless thread :D

or, if you wish to supply some information regarding a PC related issue - such as specifically what the issue might be, any pertinent info regarding hardware/software etc., we can see if anyone here has any helpful input regarding a solution.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Dunnigan
    :cry: Would someone help meee?!!
    : omg: what makes you think that^ should be in a thread of it's own? I am going to assume that it is supposed to be here.

as for businesses and raid/backups, it greatly depends on the business and their needs, not to mention there are several types of raid. There is no steadfast rule as to what is best for a business. But if it was me, I'd build a server (depending on the business) with a raid 0+1 array with a dedicated and regular backup.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

All who use computers should employ some type of backup plan.
    Company, or private individual - keep your valuable data safe from loss.

As to RAID?
    I suppose that would depend entirely upon the needs of the specific company?
    Has there ever truly been a one-size-fits-all solution to any aspect of computing?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    All who use computers should employ some type of backup plan.
    just ask anyone that has ever had a hdd fail and were to lazy to burn a few CDs

Thank you for the info. and the crappy comments. being new at this, I expected the bs. Still I'm greatful for the help... no more whining:cry: :no:
    Kat

...and the crappy comments. being new at this, I expected the bs.
    crappy comments and bs? I think you missunderstood us. You started a completely new thread with nothing but "Would someone help meee?!!". Unless someone had seen the thread that I merged that into, no one would have known what the hell you were talking about. It is fortunate that I saw it when I did and merged it. Mr. C's first comment was directed to that misled thread and was approprite for it. However, now that the threads have been merged, it does seem a bit out of place. Since you seem to be new to forums and message boards, it is a mistake that is easily forgiven. Learn from it and try to avoid it again. :)

*btw, welcome to the TT Forums

Ur an . Thank you so much and sorry for my ignorance.:o And stupidity[U]. I should have asked for help with this first. It looks a bit like a chat forum; I didn't understand how threads worked. So, I hope you don't mind if I ask more annoying questions in the future. There's so much to learn about comps and networking.
    Kat

So, I hope you don't mind if I ask more annoying questions in the future. There's so much to learn about comps and networking.
    it's no problem and ask away, that's what we're here for. Although you should search the forums first, there is already a great deal of information that has been posted. :)

Thread Information