Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: promise raid on the MSI KT266a-RU?

Can these be used as regular IDE controllers for hard drives? I thought I read somewhere they can but only for hard drives and not for cd-roms...etc.

I can't get mine to detect the hard drives. What I did is put 1 drive on the regular IDE controller and left the other one on the raid controller. My Bios would not detect the drive on the raid controller. So, I was messing around and did an Auto setup for the drive on the raid and it set it to raid 1+0. Then upon reboot the bios and windows did detect it and with full capacity of the drive.

Is it safe to use 2 hard drives on the raid controller but not format the 2 drives as one?

I am wanting to do away from raid and free up both drives that I have....so I can have one for back up and storage. Also, just in case I format I would have another drive to send my files to until windows is loaded back up.

Check your motherboard manual, but there should be a jumper to select RAID or standard IDE function and make sure that the controller is enabled in BIOS. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information