Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pre-existing RAID-0 Stripe with new Mobo

my Gigabyte GA-7VAXP died, and I just got my new GA-7NNXP... I already had a RAID-0 Stripe with 2 80gigs with the old mobo, now I've hooked them up to the IDE RAID channels on the new mobo, and its not seeing the Stripe. Do I have to Rebuild the array? Will this erase all the data, or will it just sort of recognize that one already exists?
    Is there a way to get the existing Array back with all the data intact? not sure what option I should choose in the RAID Setup, as I *really* can't afford to lose the data on these drives
    thanks
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Realized after that Rebuild should only apply to a Mirror, so that left me with very few other options, and I think I got it working... did Define RAID, selected my two drives, and it says its Functional now.. however, I can't check, because WinXP is rebooting due to the motherboard/chipset change... so now I get to try a repair/reinstall of that... fun
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Why'd you go back to another Gigabyte board???
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

the only two choices I had for an nForce2 u400 mobo with ATA-RAID were the Gigabyte 7NNXP and the DFI LanParty NFII Ultra... the DFI was about $30CDN cheaper, but the Gigabyte got top ratings from everywhere (including Toms', anand, and even the TweakTown Editors Choice award)... its also the only board to offer both ATA-RAID *and* S-ATA RAID
    also, seeing as it was the Voltage Regulator that blew on my old board, the 6-phase (2x3 phase) Regulators on the 7NNXP are very nice, especially seeing as either of the 2 3-phase components can fail, and the other will continue working.. makes me feel a bit better :)
    -----

/Z

Thread Information