Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where's 15 gig gone?

Finally managed to download Adaware6 onto Hdd, tried to run and no go so ran it in Safe Mode and had success at last!!!
    Dunno if it got the Spyware proggy in the Registry...whats the best program/s to prevent this happening again??
    thanks for all help :D

You ran it and...?
    Did it find a bunch of spyware? Do things work normally now?

To prevent this, I guess just always have an antivirus program running. Run Adaware every once in a while. Regularly delete cookies. Regularly eat cookies.
    I think you should reformat and reinstall XP, that's what I'd do if a system had that many problems. That's not abosolutely neccesary, but it wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, found heaps pf spyware and got rid of them...at least i think... Adaware still cuts out mid scan unless run in Safe Mode.Also have AVG running now too....last time I deleted cookies couldn't get into lots of my fav sites
    Hate to reformat and never done it in XP because have heard "if you don't save setings you'll be sorry" ??? (on Tweak Towns I think).
    Not running as good as I thought e.g. still a bit slow but I'll persevere for a while and see what happens :hammer:
    [check message length]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information