Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd hard drive slowing me down??

i used the link that wiggo posted and used the program called "
    "disk speed". it was one of the first programs listed. Im not sure if there is a database to check, i just compared my two relatively. Run the program and compare your scores to mine and maybe we'll get a better idea of how our speeds are :afro:
    Pentium 4 CPU 2.60GHz @ 3.4 ghz
    ABIT A17 Motherboard
    1 GB PC3700 DDR-SDRAM
    Nvidia Geforce FX 6800 GT core 400 mem 1050
    Watercooled CPU and GPU
    WD 80 GB 7200rpm HDD
    WD 250 GB 7200 HDD
    Atapi CD-ROM 48x
    HP DVD Writer 300n
    Realtek 6 Channel Audio
    Windows XP Professional
    430 watt Antec TruePower

There are more factors in the speed though. I just ran the diskspeed util on my maxtor 7200, 8mb cache and got a score of ~5000. I ran it again and it was around 4500. A few more runs went from a low of 4426 to a high of 5327. I'll have to see how the results are after defragging.

Then I put my system under some low cpu load (not disk) and got high scores. Even after fresh restarts, clicking on the test button and not touching it, I had varying results.

So the point to my ramble is unless you get a benchmark that under the same conditions (like just after a reboot and after all startup proceses finish loading) consistantly gives similar results, you might want to try other benchamrk utils.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information