Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem detected with array 1 2+o Off Line

I've just booted my comp with no prior problems and I get the above message that my 2+0 Stripe Array 1 is Off Line. I cannot access the Bios, the only thing I can access is Fastbuild which I guess is where I want to go as its all about arrays, my problem is I have no idea what to do, do I delete the one I have and create a new one or can I fix it?

Many Thanks

Thanks for the links but unfortunately my comp has decided upon boot this morning that it will change the raid controllers and take away the fast build utility. The only option I have is to boot from the Windows CD, but after installing the third party raid drivers and getting to the menu to install windows it shows me the drive that I can format or install on, but nothing is there, it's acting like I haven't installed the raid drivers. So does this mean my HDD is dead? I am happy to format the HDD and start from scratch but as I said I cannot get to the format option, is there anyway around this, or something else I can do?

Many thanks

Ok, Basically I was completely frozen out of being able to do anything, I managed to get back to the Offline bit and back into Fastbuild and deleted the corrupt array and created a new one, which sorted everything and lost me everything on the harddrive, so I'm currently reinstalling Windows.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again? Is there a known reason why the array would go down like that?

The above links dealt with Critical arrays but not Offline ones that I could see. I'm just wondering if there is a common reason why arrays go down, so I can prevent it happening again.

Many Thanks

Thread Information