Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with multiple firewire'd drives

I think this is the right forum for this.

I have Windows XP and I just added a 2nd EIDE drive in a firewire enclosure. There is already a 120gb drive in an enclosure attached to my system, and I'm daisy chaining this one behind it.

If I try to copy a big file between the two firewire'd drives, the system goes boom. XP will freeze up totally.

Also, randomly, XP will now freeze regardless, while just sitting around doing nothing.

I'm using the firewire connection provided by my Audigy card with all the latest drivers.

What's going on here? Is there a problem inherent with having 2 firewire drives on the same line?

I havn't used firewire drives yet but is there any red flagged errors in the Event Viewer (control panel/admin tools) under Applications or System at the times of these problems? :?:

Beefy Guest

Can't say I've used 2 Firewire drives at once. I did have a USB and Firewire drive running at the same time, and it had the occasional hiccup... I've never tried daisychaining firewire devices either.

Well I think I found the problem... maybe... somehow, some place, my virtual RAM settings got set to one of the firewire drives.

I did not do that myself. Really.

I've changed it so no page files are there, and now I'm slamming the drives with file transfers. So far I haven't experienced a cra-

Thread Information