Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going from NTFS format BACK to FAT 32?

Suppose I might as well follow-up on the relevant thought...

Here's my 98SE install on my FAT32 drive. This clearly shows the problem of having such large clusters on partitions over 2GB.
    For further testing, create a .txt file (notepad will open) and enter a few charactes into it. It takes up an entire cluster, so on my 30GB FAT32 partition, 16KB! NTFS only takes up four KB, on any size partiton over 2GB.

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    he's just lucky I'm in a forgiving mood tonight. irrelevant posts removed. :smokin:

webe3, if you feel like making any more out busts, I'd suggest you at least watch the language.

Fine, then may I suggest YOU watch your smart mouth?? ! I don't care if you are a mod! You have NO right to slam on ME! Now all I wanted to know was if I could get my hard drive back to FAT 32. YOU came on like some idiot and started flaming me for Prefering FAT 32! Then assumed I was using win ME when I was in fact talking about myself and was using win 98se! (Forget the fact that you never asked WHY I was using it, for an old dos game!) I got mad and responded to it! For that I am sorry about the profanity! Now I don't know WHAT I did or said, but I am not afraid of you in the least! Being a mod does not give you a right to be a smartmouth! You assumed things you didn't know about, nor did you ask me! You also flamed me on a public forum. Now if you want to take this to the next level, I will go over YOUR head and take it to the top! It is up to you, but think before you leap! Because I won't tolerate someone acting like I am an idiot just because of the software or file system I choose to use!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

:spam:
    *heads for the fallout shelter*

:shoot3: :snip: :shoot2: :hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by webe3
    Now if you want to take this to the next level, I will go over YOUR head and take it to the top!
    : omg: be my guest.
    I was doing you a favor by removing those posts. Now I'm going to do you another one; I'm closing this tragedy until you can cool off a bit. If you would like to take this up again in let's say... 24 hours or so, then we will discuss this in a civil manner. Until then, i would suggest you relax. Starting any other threads on this subject will be promptly deleted.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information