Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pc regonizing ide cdrw and dvd as scsi devices

Ok just installed an epox 8rda3+ to replace my gigabyte board. After finsihing up a clean install of xp I was going to burn a cd and when nero attempted to burn the cd it listed the cdrw as a scusi device and would not burnn. So I went into device manager and it is listing mmy dvd and cdrw as scsi devices. After the make and model it says scsi cdrom device under dvd/cd-rom drives. Have updated bios and installed all the updated drivers. My system specs are as follows:

Epox 8rda3+
    Athlon 2500@2.2 ghz
    Thermal Take Volcano 7+
    512 (2x256) kingston ddr 400
    160 gig wd sata hd
    Sb live 5.1
    Evga fx 5900
    mitsumi 52x24x52 cdrw
    sony 16x dvd
    panasonic floppy

did you plug the burner into the raid controler? that would do it if you did. (i don't recall if the Epox 8rda3+ has onboard IDE raid, but i think it does...)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

no ide raid on the board only raid for sata. Plugged them into ide 0 and then tried ide 1 and still the same results

did you install the latest nforce drivers?

the newest ones where the ones on the cd. The gigabyte board I had used the same chipset and didn't have this problem. Can try and download the drivers from nvidia and see what that does thou

i can almost guarantee the drivers on the CD are not the latest, i'd suggest you dowload the latest from nvidia and try again, like you already said

good luck :thumb:

in about 2 hours when it finishes downloading I will let you know how it turns out. Hope this fixes it. :lol:

Well I downloaded the updated drivers from nvidia annd when they were installed it only recognized the dvd player and the cdrw as a regualr cd rom so I downloaded a firmmware update from mitsumi and as of right now everything is working right. Thanks for the help minibubba :D

Thread Information