Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Place to buy new HDD circuit board

Hey everyone, Im hoping someone knows....

My Maxtor diamondmax 9 board got fried when my seagate decided to blow up....anyway, i have all my personal stuff on it, and dont want to pay the high data recovery fees, not to mention lose a 160gb drive....so does anyone know where i can find a new/used controller circuit board? I wanna try swapping it out for different one and hope that the surge didnt affect anything inside the drive.....

thanks in advance....

Yeah, my old 80gig circuit board got damaged. Wish I could get a replacement to recover all my lost data. My friend bought two of the same hard drives when I bought mine... maybe someday he will sell me one and I can replace the circuit board and finally see my old... data... :cry:
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

you can try buying a dead drive same make/model off ebay maybe you'll get lucky and the circuit board will be fine. I use to do this swap out circuit boards back in the days of a 1.2 gig drive costing $400-600 US. Drives today are much cheaper thank god.. :lol:

That's the problem. Replacing the drive is not expensive, but the info on it... that's a different story.

hey guys i also have a 60gig maxtor that just died and i think the warranty is dead :(

windows detects the drive but i cant write anything to it, or even reformat it. I dont want to lose 60 gigs so is the only way to replace it with a new circuit board?
    i have some older WD drives that are still working and i could tear up.
    can the maxtor drive use a WD circuit board?

well first off what does the circuit board look like, ive never done this before?

well first off what does the circuit board look like
    The circut board is just the bottom part of the drive, which you connect IDE/SATA.ect and your power. And if you dont even know what the circut board is, than i think this task is a little big for you.. :wink:
    X-Dreamer Case w/ Window
    Enermax 660w PSU
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz
    Asus K8V Deluxe
    Corsair XMS 256x2 MB DDR500
    1xWD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
    4x300GB WD 5400 RPM 8mb
    Ati Radeon 9800XT (440/780)
    Pioneer 8x DVD-RW
    Samsung 173v 17' LCD
    SB Audigy 2
    Windows XP Pro

well i google circuit board and figured it out myself but i couldnt find any guides to replacing it.

anyway i cracked open an older pc, thinking there was a WD inside but to my surprise i found out its a maxtor, only about 3 gigs.

so cant soemone tell me how to do this plz? both the circuit boards are the same size.

tearing up a 3 gig drive is worth it if i have a chance in fixing a 60 giger.
    btw what kind of screw driver do u use to open it?

You'll need to get the exact same model PCB for it to work so usin' one from a 3GB drive ain't going to work plus I very much doubt that you'll even find a guide on the proceedure.

:(

Thread Information