Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my HD Date Really Gone?

Default Re: Is my HD Date Really Gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno326
    Never connect a CDROM and a Hard Drive on the same IDE cable, it can cause problems.
    I have never had a problem with this, and i have built a few computers in my time, it shouldn't matter if the slave/master jumper on the back of the drives are correct.

Well like I said, it "can" cause problems, not saying that it will or won't cause problems, but it can happen and I have some proof to back this up that it does matter what IDE cable you connect your devices to and what their jumper settings are set too.

I have a 80GB Hard Drive, 27 GB Hard Drive, DVDROM Drive, and CDRW Drive. I purchased a new SFF case a few weeks ago. To test things out I wanted to hook up the DVDROM drive and the 80GB drive onto a rounded IDE cable that came w/ the case. If it worked then I wouldn't have to use the 2nd IDE cable that was normal and bulky for the size of the case, even w/ the folding technique. Well once I turned on the comp and went into the bios the only thing that was detected was the 80GB Hard Drive. Once I shut it down and put both devices on a separate IDE cable they worked fine.

Hello,

EASEUS DataRecoveryWizard utility can help. Speaking about me, it was
    easily able to restore deleted, lost file and unformat drive,
    so I think you will also find it quite useful. Really recommended
    tool, give it a try.

http://www.easeus.com/

I found a data recover tool called Easeus DataRecoveryWizard is worth trying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information