Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: pcie DVDrw

Question pcie DVDrw

Considering updating my mobo to a pci-express south bridge type, and sata2 hd capable, so far i can not find a cdrw nor dvdrw (blue ray) that utalizes the pcie data transfeer instead of 2MB cache ide, scsi, usb-sata1 types.
    And noticing these drives have a tough time operating above 50 to 60*C, porting heat outside the case from the cpu and gpu is essential...

What i want is an 8MB cache, sata2 or pcie DVDrw (2 layer for 50GB ish blue ray media.)

Default Re: pcie DVDrw

There are lots of burners that utilize the SATA interface, however they will gain little to nothing from moving off of IDE. I don't know that they'd even claim to use SATA2, because it really wouldn't matter.

I really doubt you'd ever have heat problems with a CD drive of any kind. Having the ambient temperatures necessary to stop a CD drive from working would likely mean that the CPU, GPU, and chipset have already fried.

Thread Information