Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Connecting 1 SATA, 1 ATA, 1 DVD rom, 1 CD-RW on Asus P5GD2

Default Connecting 1 SATA, 1 ATA, 1 DVD rom, 1 CD-RW on Asus P5GD2

i was thinking to add new IDE device when i bought cd-rw drive for my P5GD2 Asus motherboard.

problem is, asus p5gd2 only has one PRIMARY IDE on motherboard.
    so i set my cd-rw drive as primary master and my 80GB ATA as primary slave on PRIMARY IDE on motherboard.
    the SATA itself is on third master.

if talking about RAID-ing, ATA and SATA couldn't be configured as RAID could they?

nb: in manual along with the package about IDE RAID connectors (40-1 pin PRI_RAID1 [red], SEC_RAID1 [red]), it says :
    These connectors are set to IDE mode by default. In IDE mode, you can connect IDE devices to these connectors such as boot/data hard disk drives or optical drives. If you intend to create an IDE RAID set using these connectors, see the ITE8212F Controller item in the BIOS to RAID Mode.
    i assume this PRI_RAID1 act as secondary master/slave when set to IDE mode. Therefore I connect my DVD-rom on PRI_RAID1, but this seem doesn't work. (not detected on windows)

any help please?
    Last edited by fielans; 08-21-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Thread Information