Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help me recover....?, Partition Deleted, Help Me Recover It

Question Help me recover....?, Partition Deleted, Help Me Recover It

I was installing a fresh copy of Windows, when I wasnt paying attention and accidentally deleted the wrong partition(which was my full 80g hard drive that has everything on it!!). Luckily, I noticed what I had done BEFORE I formatted it. So now the partition is an unpartitioned 80g, and I installed a fresh copy of xp on the RIGHT hard drive i meant to install it on in the first place! Can anyone help me? That hard drive is very important to me, and I know there has to be a way to get it back. For right now I am leaving the unpartitioned drive alone until I get some feedback. So if anyone can help, suggest a EASY to use program, or give any support, IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Thankyou very much!

Default Re: Help me recover....?, Partition Deleted, Help Me Recover It

I can't help you with the program to use as the ones I generally have are not available outside the law enforcement community. Since it seems you don't have the training to rebuild the partition table using a hex editor, you might try a Google search for either "partition rebuilding" or "partition recovery" and see what pops up.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

3. Default Re: Help me recover....?, Partition Deleted, Help Me Recover It

For partition rebuilding, I have used Partition Magic. It worked pretty well. Sorry, but data recovery is fairly hard. Could you try rolling back the computer or auto restore? Again, I am not really for sure. Some private companies can recover data, but it is REALLY EXPENSIVE!!!. I had a friend that tried to recover data from a slammed 80 gig hd. It cost him $750 and it wasn't even prommised to get anything back. Nothing was able to be gotten off the hd. GOOD LUCK!

Greetings,
    You can try data recovery software: Partition Table Doctor or DataRecoverywizard.
    These tools helped me, so give it a try. Really awesome soft!
    http://www.ptdd.com
    http://www.easeus.com

Hi!
    You can use ARAX Disk Doctor to recover partitions! That is a very good recovery solution that helped me exacly in the same situation.
    http://www.disk-doctor.com/

ARAX Disk Doctor to recover partitions!
    Its the answer to every recovery querry.
    Hats off to it. It recovered my partitions so easily that if nothing had ever happened.

I also made a stupid user-error today. I'm currently using TestDisk to recover. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thread Information