Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: n00b Question on RAID and HDD

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul

Thats a pretty impressive stat, ML...
    Whats the warmest ambient room temps that those PC's see?

I can speak from my experience with WD drives, none have failed, and the warmest ambient my 7200RPM WD has seen is 44C and still works fine :)

Yes, that was the great heatwave of February 2001 :flames:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Yes I agree completely. I am a huge fan of WD, and I was amazed at the positive support for them on this forum. Another forum I frequent (Quake geeks forum) where in general, the participants are less than computer savvy, and most of them are hardcore maxtor. I'd link them to the poll thread where Maxtor got raped, but I'm afraid they'd start posting here. :laugh:

Haha thats funny...i'm also a big fan of WD, always used them...just wanted make sure that with the special edition (which kick ass by the way) drives would be ok with a RAID setup...alot of people have made it clear. Only other drive i've used is Maxtor but i had no choice it came in my old HP. :D
    - Damien

I don't keep track of any temps other than my CPU ones. I also keep my machines in the basement (where my room is...concrete floor:( )

Glad ya like my sig pic, Flaco. It seems I'm not the only one who fancies goth chicks:lips:

Yea ML, i'm not gothic myself but that pic was nice the way she was holding that guitar looking down on it...real nice...real cool. Like the new one too:D .
    - Damien

can you install...a cd-rom or any other rom or floppy on a raid port use it as a normal ide port?
    - Damien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information