Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Six years of files gone

Default Six years of files gone

I'll try to keep this short - I recently built a new pc, backed up files on an external hd, flash drive & floppy; everything fine until I went to restore backup to MS Money. Of course, this was the files I backed up to the floppy, and of course, this is the disk that failed. It is disk 1 of 3 & is vital. I purchased BadCopy Pro which after several hours did recover many files, but these still will not restore. I emailed their tech support and today received a reply that the header or other important file was damaged (he said this was actually a .CAB file) & that there was no hope.

I KNOW I made the mistake of not backing up what is actually my most critical files correctly, so please don't rub salt in the wound! What I am here for is to ask if there is any possible way to recover this one little file so I can get my financial info back.

The size of the file is 1.4 MB & everything seems fine until about the 1,191,936 KB area, then it goes downhill from there.....

Is there ANY possible solution to this?

Default Re: Six years of files gone

Quote Originally Posted by marti4886 View Post
    ...backed up files on an external hd, flash drive & floppy...

....The size of the file is 1.4 MB & everything seems fine until about the 1,191,936 KB area, then it goes downhill from there.....
    Wait... Why didn't you backup all the important stuff to a single device but instead, you backed them up to three different storage devices? Having only one device to temporarily store files will reduce confusion in the end.

For the file that is 1.4 MB, (I'd say that's a floppy) I'd use these free tools:

Free file recovery software - recover lost files from a CD, DVD, hard drive or memory card.

And if you can recover MOST of the data, get it! Most of the data is better than no data at all!

Hey, have you ever heard about http://www.diskemergency.com itís also one of the best among the all data recovery service providers. It has many ways to recover our data from any disk. Hope this will work out for you.<o:p></o:p>
    All the best!<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

Quote Originally Posted by terickmevin View Post
    Hey, have you ever heard about DiskEmergency.com Flat Rate Data Recovery Service Center it’s also one of the best among the all data recovery service providers. It has many ways to recover our data from any disk. Hope this will work out for you.
    All the best!
    I suspect something.

Retriving data from a formatted hard disk? - Dynamic Drive Forums

Look at that thread. At the very bottom, a user named "davidbrown" posts the exact same thing. How queer coincidence.

Stop feeding the spammers..........
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Thread Information