Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Hard drive Crashes Windows 2K Continously

well that is odd that the 60GXPs dont work with win2k, as mine works fine

usually it boils down to drive speed settings and cables. IBM have a utility to adjust settings such as noise level concious operations, speed, temperature, etc.

why not test your IBM drive on the secondary master/slave position, rather than same ide channel as the main drive

i myself use both maxtor and IBM drives, also, i have constant contact with seagate drives as well, and from my experience, i have had 2 quatum (now owned by maxtor) drives die, along with one IBM. the IBM 40Gb drive ran cooler than the 80Gb maxtors i have, and segate 20's are cooler still, the 2 quantums we had were like furnaces and only 9Gb each

the fact of the matter is, that no drive lasts forever, and i think as drive sizes increase, heat is an inevitable obsticle if no newer technology is introduced, and from what i have seen, most HDD company's are all trying new things, and we need this, as I want more bigger hard drives for my array of disks ;)
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Quote Originally Posted by sKuLLsHoT
    well that is odd that the 60GXPs dont work with win2k, as mine works fine
    i forgot to mention, mine is a 60 gig one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information