Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HD upgrade/swap question - can this be done?

Default HD upgrade/swap question - can this be done?

Greetings all!

My current 120G HD (Dell E1505 Inspiron) is almost full (99GB of 107GB) and I just purchased a 320G to replace it. Right now, I only have one primary partition that I am using. There are two other very small system partitions as well (47MB and 3.42GB). Unfortunately, I do not know their purpose.

I want to create 3 large partitions on the new drive and have all my current contents reside in the first one. Later I will move the "My Documents" folder to partition 2. Partition 3 will be used to house backup files of the OS and personal files.

I am using Acronis True Image trial software for the migration. Now if I try to clone the drive, I can only resize the current (3) partitions. That doesn't help me. If I try to create a whole disc backup then recover it in the first partition then I am unsure if the two small partitions on the original HD will work properly.

Does anyone have a solution for my problem? Thanks in advance!
    "Some say the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. We'll I disagree with that. I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once! Thats how dad did it, that's how America does it.. And its worked out good so far!"

Default Re: HD upgrade/swap question - can this be done?

Ya, will work
    Thank You
    Shahi
    shahij@gmail.com

Thread Information