Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lost another one~ (note, strong language used)

read about it here: www.harddrivehell.com

tried the freezer trick, no go

i ****ing HATE maxtor

and, their customer service techs suck disk and are rude as well

they wouldn't answer ANY technical questions i had for them

as soon as i get the $$ i'm gonna switch all my drives to those farking glass-platter IBM drives! i bet they'll hold up better than this ****!

and i'll dump these damn drives on ebay! some sucker will be glad to get them

MAXTOR
    :shoot3: MAXTOR
    MAXTOR :shoot2:
    MAXTOR = :snip:
    <a href="http://www.harddrivehell.com">http://www.geocities.com/ctnow_da_ru/images/logod.gif</a>

:laugh: :laugh: But hey... they support ATA133! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll stick with the Seagate I'm using now. I'd be wary of IBM unless you do a LOT of research. I've already lost one IBM drive, and I don't plan on using them until I'm fully satisfied that their drives aren't going to die on me... AGAIN!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by ct_
    read about it here: www.harddrivehell.com

tried the freezer trick, no go

i ****ing HATE maxtor

and, their customer service techs suck disk and are rude as well

they wouldn't answer ANY technical questions i had for them

as soon as i get the $$ i'm gonna switch all my drives to those farking glass-platter IBM drives! i bet they'll hold up better than this ****!

and i'll dump these damn drives on ebay! some sucker will be glad to get them

MAXTOR
    :shoot3: MAXTOR
    MAXTOR :shoot2:
    MAXTOR = :snip:
    Maxtor, Seagate and Western Digital are the elite three hard-drive makers. They make the best drives on the market.

I'd probably have to remove Maxtor from your listing. Though they have improved over the past three years, they still don't make hard drives that effectively compete with the others in it's class. Hopefully they continue to improve, but I don't think that they're there yet.
    My Toys

Ya hate Maxtors but ya want to get another suspect brand?
    Go for either Seagate or WD as these are much more reliable and their RMA's are also much better if ya ever do come across a bad one which out of the many of both that I've use I've only had 1 dud of each. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I agree with Wiggo, why are you gonna trash Maxtor then go to a 50/50 HDD like IBM...Go with Western Digital and get your self the 8 MB beauty. I've never used Seagate but never seen or heard any complaints about them. I have seen complaints about Maxtor and heard horror stories on IBM:laugh:. But nothing about WD... I have a Maxtor in my 933 P3 and to be honest with you have had no problems with it YET ;but, i had no choice it came with my HP. If i did, it would have been a WD... SoOoOoO you guessed it i'm a WD man. Buy them you won't regret it...and i've seen the Caviar's a bit cheaper than Maxtor's ATA133 Drives too.
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco
    I agree with Wiggo, why are you gonna trash Maxtor then go to a 50/50 HDD like IBM...Go with Western Digital and get your self the 8 MB beauty. I've never used Seagate but never seen or heard any complaints about them. I have seen complaints about Maxtor and heard horror stories on IBM:laugh:. But nothing about WD... I have a Maxtor in my 933 P3 and to be honest with you have had no problems with it YET ;but, i had no choice it came with my HP. If i did, it would have been a WD... SoOoOoO you guessed it i'm a WD man. Buy them you won't regret it...and i've seen the Caviar's a bit cheaper than Maxtor's ATA133 Drives too.
    I agree with you on the "8mb beauty" but IBM has a slightly higher success rate there dude... Its more of a 95/5 rate... Its more likely that its been blown way out of preportion but Western Digital and Seagate along with Maxtor are the absolute best there is available. I myself use Western Digital WD1200's like the one's Flaco so elegantly described. I love their ATA100 capability and they are a dream come true in a RAID configuration.

Back to the original post, what do you have against Maxtor, it seems to me that this is an isolated event and is not a reason at all to abandon one of the best hard drive makers in the world.

Though it seems your comment was directed at another, I'll go ahead and add my two cents worth since I too recommended that folks stay away from Maxtor...

I've used a number of Maxtor drives over the past few years, and they have been plagued with mediocre performance. Add to this the bad sectors that normally crop up using this brand of drive and you can see why I suggest an alternative.

Like I indicated above, they have made improvements over the past three years or so, but they're just not at a level that can make them competitive with other drive makers.

Oh... and IBM sucks. Any questions about that and you can try to retrieve the data off my dead 60GXP drive. It's not that bad a thing to have a glitch in your product line, but they have ignored world-wide pleas for support with these models, and the 75GXPs were even worse. Hopefully the new 120GXP drives will take care of the problems plaguing this model, but I'll stay away from a company that sells a dodgey drive and then has the balls to say that there isn't a problem. That's bad business in my book. :(
    My Toys

Beefy Guest

Just for the record, I've got two Maxtor drives in my PC at home, and I haven't had a HDD related problem yet.. :)

I wish that I could say the same thing. :(
    My Toys

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information