Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: raid problem with two wd40 gb

hi hi
    i hope anyone can help me!!!!
    i have an epox 4g4a+ board with raid and 845g chipset + two western digital wd400bb 40 gb in a raid 0 striping system
    my problem: if i restart from windows and want to reboot, the pc stops with black screen with a blinking cursor in the feft corner and nothing go on ----> reset
    the only way to go to windows is: shut down the pc complete fo more than 30 seconds and then he boots up normaly.
    plaese help me

sorry for my english ;)
    p4 1,6A @ 2,13ghz
    512 ddr 2700 samsung original
    epox 4g4a+
    raid 0 with two wd 40gb
    asus geforce 2 gts

GeeZ umm i would like to help you but i really can't pin point the prob. I also have Two 40gig WD drives (7200) on a Raid_0 array and had no problems... I did have problems with my windows setup but that had to do with my video card. I really don't think it has to do with you raid adapter but here is a thought..have you installed your latest drivers for your controller?
    - Damien

It's probably caused by a program that windows is havin' trouble with shutting down so read tweak 8 here. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

my board is the newest from epox and the latest drivers are included ( no newer version avaible on the epox or highpoint site)
    I think the board is damaged or the drivers + raid bios have any error
    p4 1,6A @ 2,13ghz
    epox 4g4a+
    raid 0 with two wd 40gb
    asus geforce 2 gts

i also having the problem if i install xp i also farce the same problem till now i havent slove it .

abit kr7a-raid
    xp 1700+
    256mb samsung original 2100
    2*40 maxtor 5400 rpm hdd raid 0
    gforce 2 mx-440 32mb

my problem is on 2k only
    install hang and after finish install the system run very unstable if i clock it is more problem 9x got no problem .

Latest drivers from high point is the 2.31 driver...bit **** sorry i couldn't answer you.
    - Damien

the pc stops with black screen with a blinking cursor in the feft corner and nothing go on ----> reset
    I don't think that has anything to do with your drives, I do however have ONE WD400BB drive installed as master.

That has happened to me twice. I have an Epox 8KHA+, and I suspected that it was just a power supply fluke, or possibly a family member confusing things at shutdown somehow.

But it happened twice, a restart fixed it once, and the other time I had to shut it off for 15 seconds and then restart it.

it will already works now
    the problem was an error in the bios now i have updated the bios and all problems are away
    thanks for help cu
    interceptor
    p4 1,6A @ 2,13ghz
    epox 4g4a+
    raid 0 with two wd 40gb
    asus geforce 2 gts

Thread Information