Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: help hard drive

Question help hard drive

i bought a seagate 500gb sata2 could any one tell me why do i have to remove the jumpers of the 2 little pins or do you transfer the jumpers over to the other pins please can anyone help me

Default Re: help hard drive

Pinouts are not required on SATA drives. There is no Master and Slave anymore.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

thanking you darthtanion

If you Seagate drive came with a small gray jumper installed on the back side, where the data and power connect is located you will want to remove it. That will limit the drive to SATA 1, when that jumper is off it will operate in SATA 3.0.

I tested 5-6 NAS servers a couple of weeks ago and on the very last one I noticed that the drives Seagate sent over had the jumper installed. It literally takes weeks to test a NAS server since the formats take so long once you get past two disks. I had to run all of the tests over again and it took 2 nonstop weeks with a little testing into the next week.

YA, JUMPER IS SET FOR 1.5 Gb DATA TRANSFER LIMIT. REMOVE TO GET 3.0Gb TRANSFER RATE
    Thank You
    Shahi
    shahij@gmail.com

Thread Information