Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Lost RAID 1, please help

Default Lost RAID 1, please help

Hi all,

I've lost my raid 1 setup, and I'll do my best to explain what happened. I've contacted Intel, but they don't care about my data, so their solution does not appease me.
    Set-up.

GA-Ep45-DS3R f9
    4 HDD's
    Port 0: OS
    Port 1: Programs and such
    Port 2: and Port 3: made up a RAID 1 array.

Vista 64 crashed and hung at crcdisk.sys on load.
    Read somewhere that resetting bios would help. (tried anything after I couldn't get the Vista Repair disk to load)
    Reset BIOS to "optimized settings" - figured this wasent bad cause I saved my tweak settings somewhere and I'd just reset those.
    Forgot to set the Raid in bios option.... started windows.
    Windows immediately loads drivers for the (2) drivers that were in the RAID Array.... think "sh!t"
    Restart and set teh Raid option in BIOS.
    I open the Intel Matrix Storage Console and it tells me that it cant find the Intel Raid drivers. Go to Intel, download and install. The the Matrix Console shows me (4) non-raid disks....and NO Array.
    Restart and try the <ctrl>I thing. I'm in, but still no array.
    Intel has me "create raid from existing HD" through the console, but it wont work.
    Windows device manager tells me that both drives are full of Unallocated Space. They show up there, but not in the explorer.

Intel tech tells me "data is gone, but the good news is I can still make a blank RAID 1".... great. Thought I'd try here to see if anyone could help.
    I am currently running a 3rd party recovery program, but it can only see one partition on the drive. I had 5 or 6. Only really need 3 of those really though.

Maybe is someone can think of a Magic Intel RAID 1 Array Fixer, that could work.

Sorry for the long post, but thought I'd get as much info out as possible.
    Thanks for any help you can give.</ctrl>

Default Re: Lost RAID 1, please help

Hey,

Sorry to be the first to make a respons, and without an answar.
    But i have almost the same problem, so i will be following this thread.

My problem is:
    My onboard RAID controller still shows the RAID configuration like always, and its 'Healthy' when i get into windows, its lost any knowledge of the RAID and therefore i can only initialize the drive and format it.

I only used this windows installation with this RAID havnt made any new installations.
    Last night there was no problems, i was using my RAID like it was suppose to, but when i turned on the computer this morning, the RAID was lost, and windows keeps wanting me to make a chkdsk on the drive, but ends up with error, and stops the scan and enters windows.

Im thinking patition problems, but im not sure, ive used Testdisk and scanned the disk, and tryed to get the partition back, but didnt help.

All i need to know tho is. Can i take the two disks out of the RAID, format one of them in NTFS, and use a 3rd party sw to scan the other disk for data and recover it to the newly formated disk?

Sorry for using this thread for my problem as well, didnt think there was any need to start a new one.

And ty for any help.

Since it is RAID 1, why don't you mount one of the drives in another machine and see what you can find with a data recovery scanning program. If you are certain you didn't format the drives (even if you did quick format), and the drives are functional, you should be able to recover the data on them.

What i did was, take out my disks, and mount one of them in another system, it then just booted up normaly and found the new harddisk, installed it, and after that i could gain acess to all my files, without doing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyveR View Post
    What i did was, take out my disks, and mount one of them in another system, it then just booted up normaly and found the new harddisk, installed it, and after that i could gain acess to all my files, without doing anything else.

Hence the purpose of RAID 1.

Thread Information