Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Seagate barracuda usb 1 tb hard drive

Default Seagate barracuda usb 1 tb hard drive

I just bought a new sata usb 1 tb hard drive with external case. I just want to use it for storage only (games). I'm running windows xp pro. I plugged the usb cable into my high speed usb port and plugged the power cord in. Computer already has 2 internal hard drives inside a 20gb and 100gb anyways it installed the new driver to the systems 32 folder in windows but when I click on my computerit does not show the new hard drive. Device manager shows it is working properly. How come it is not showing in my computer. is this a bad drive although it's new or do I need to do something else.

Default Re: Seagate barracuda usb 1 tb hard drive

You have to partition and format the new drive. It is nothing more than vacant space right now and Windows cannot use it until it is set up.

Right click My Computer and choose Manage from the menu. Under teh Storage item in the left pane, choose Disk Management. Once you select this you should see your new drive. Right click on the drive and you can set up your partition(s) and format them. Once formatted, they will be ready for use by Windows.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information