Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing HDD

Thanks for the help skullshot......its not my comp....its my friends so i cant take a screenshot or tell u what colour it is right now....but i do think that the drive i cant access is like your T drive....it is in FAT32 and is it Active....

However there is no name given to the drive and i guess thats why i cant access it....

The primary HDD is NTFS.

buckchoi

In regards to the drive you are trying to access, is it a primary drive with an OS already installed on it because if so then that maybe why you can't access any data off the drive?

I have a suggestion. If all you want to do is to just transfer the files over to the new hard then you could put the drive in another system then network your friends and the PC with the PC with that drive that contains all the data via a peer to peer connection and transfer the file over that way. All you need is some basic networking knowledge and you're off.

Keep us all posted.... :)
    Without my other half in my life, where would I be - Absolutely nowhere

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

sounds like all you needa do is "assign drive letter"
    that'll probably fix u up

edit: i just re-read a bit further up, i think you have to write a signature to the drive, if you right-click where the drive is (the box on the left where it says "Drive X") there may be an option that says Write Signature to disk, if not it will probably say upgrade to dynamic disk (dont do that tho).

if it says that, then right-click the partition in the right area on the blue bar, and select "assign drive letter" then choose a letter and u should be off,
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information