Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: partition question need help

Default partition question need help

i just settup a partition in a build i did 3 months ago.
    im a beginer at this stuff,and trying to learn as i go.

here is what i got
    local disk (c)=16.7 gb free of 31.4 gb
    local disc (d)=899 gb free of 900 gb

it took me 3 hours just to get this far (not even sure if its right)

Questions
    i put windows vista in drive c now is that all that goes into that what about my drivers for the motherboard,sound card gpu?

im kinda lost and need some help i have not loaded my disks for mb,sound card,gpu,norton yet can somebody advise me on this?

im sorry if this is a stupid question but i have to findout

thanks for the help

Default Re: partition question need help

Your drivers will automatically go onto the C:\ partition since they will be a part of the operating system itself. I generally load Windows, Office and my main productivity programs on the C:\ drive. All saved files and games I install will go onto the secondary partition. That way if (when) I need to reload Windows, all my games and saved data are safe on the second partition. It is also very unusual for virus/trojans to attack secondary partitions.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: partition question need help

I was in the same exact boat as you last week. Although i have 4 partitions. I just ended up doing another fresh install. I made the C drive 40gb this time and it's almost full again.

Since i am new at this stuff too all i can suggest is maybe some 3rd party software to try. I haven't used any so i can't comment on any of them. I'm sure someone else in here has.
    / Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H mobo / AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition / Nvidia GTX 260 / Sound Blaster X-FI Elite Pro / Corsair Dominator DDRII 4090 MB 1066 / Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HD / Zalman CNPS9700 CPU fan / Enermax Liberty 620W PSU / Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate SP2.

Thread Information