Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Drive Death?

Cool the outside, and you will cool the inside.

haha, cool the inside of a seagate..lol, that thing is like a tank, no exits..have u ever seen a barracuda before?

You don't have to open it up... That would be a bad idea anyway. I think what Zeradul meant was that by cooling the outside (by convection) the temps on the inside will cool (by conduction).

BTW I have a Barracuda and its a happy little camper.:wave:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Yes, that was absolutely what I meant... any attempts to add circulation to the inside of a hard drive would result in killing the hard drive, 100% of the time. Unless you live in a vacuum where nothing is airborn.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

hmm...hopefully it works that way

Quote Originally Posted by aznx
    hmm...hopefully it works that way
    I have some REALLY BIG heat transfer books from college that say it works that way! :p

Yea, I still have about 2500$ worth of college books. :thumbs do :thumbs do :thumbs do
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

I would have more, but like a sucker I sold them back my first year. Apparently being a REALLY poor student convinced me that selling a $150 book back to $10 was a good idea. Didn't take long to figure out that it had more value as a reference book. Besides, I could save more than ten bucks by going home to eat on the weekends. :thumb: :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by JealousMidget
    I would have more, but like a sucker I sold them back my first year. Apparently being a REALLY poor student convinced me that selling a 0 book back to was a good idea. Didn't take long to figure out that it had more value as a reference book. Besides, I could save more than ten bucks by going home to eat on the weekends. :thumb: :laugh:
    lolz....hmm....thinking i shouldn't throw away those books imma get..haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information