Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Creating my first RAID Array

Default Creating my first RAID Array

I have a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 board, which has the Intel ICH10 controller and the JMicron controller.

I'm wandering what options I should have enabled in the BIOS. This is the first time the board has been booted, no OS installed, no arrays made, nothing. I've never created or ran a RAID array before, so this is a for beginners thread more or less.

I currently have 4 WD Caviar Black 640gb drives, and I wanted to set them up in Raid 5 with 3 striped and 1 parity. However, I believe I'm currently connected to the JMicron controller on my board, and it's only offering me the ability to create a Raid 0, Safe (Raid 1), and JBOD array. I'm assuming I need to swap over the drives from the purple connectors to the white, and change settings somewhere in my BIOS to disable the JMicron/Enable the Intel ICH controllers and then create my raid.

I'm also installing the Windows 7 Retail release (MSDNAA member), if that matters.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thread Information