Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How do i copy the whole hardrive

Default How do i copy the whole hardrive

Hi guys!well I have a problem,The things that i have are a 4 GB HD and a 40 GB HD,well heres the thing both HDs have windows installed in them well what i wanted to do is copy the whole drive of the 4 GB HD and replace the 40 GB HD is that possible?please help me out!I would really appreciate it!Thanks!

Default Re: How do i copy the whole hardrive

It seems that if you have Windows installed on both drives and you are migrating to a newer (perhaps larger) one, then you don't want all the contents; just the important data you have saved. Get the system up and running on the new drive (or the 40GB one if I misunderstood your question), then attach the older drive(s) and Windows will automatically pick them up as additional storage drives. Copy what you need and you're set... no having to create an image and restoring it to another drive.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: How do i copy the whole hardrive

i suggest u use Acronis Trueimage software for it... its the best for copying...

Thread Information