Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster sized drives

Common movies are what takes up the most space for me, if you start storing movies in mpg2 format and stuff, hell one simple movie in that format needs about 1,5 gb of space.
    The same movie in "avi divx" for example only need about half of that, around 700-750 mb. You can never have to mutch space!

:geek:

Basic rundown of my drives:

Music = 36.4GB @ 128
    Music Videos = 6GB
    Games = (Of whats not burned or installed or puchased eg: emulators, etc) = 3 GB
    Quake1,2,3 (mods, updates, maps) 5GB
    Programs / demos / patches = 6 GB
    Movie / video files = 8Gb
    Applications / OS = 10Gb
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Call me ultra paranoid but I'm a burn-a-holic. I never keep more than a CD's worth (700 MB) on my hard drive.
    FaithSmiles :bounce2:

Yes that is a good point. Of what I don't have burned, I actually keep everything important in duplicate on separate drives. I also unplug my computer whenever it is stormy out.

But yea, if I lost my music, it would be at least a few thousand hours down the drain of searching, sorting, renaming, etc. I plan to burn it all in the near future, and then I'll have it all in triplicate.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information