Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Raid 0 done without ICH9R driver

Question Raid 0 done without ICH9R driver

Hello every one,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I need some advise on RAID 0 configuration on GA-X48-DS4.
    I followed all the instructions on MOBO manual (except the floppy part cus I donít have driver for this junk anymore) to create the volume with 2 HDD and also did de ICH9R part pressing [ctrl + I]. I believe it work just fine but when I was installing Windows 7 64 bits I couldnít load the driver (it says the driver is not signed or something) but the installation was done successfully any way. I did use the latest driver from Gigabyte site, although I installed it only after windows was fully installed.<o:p></o:p>

What I need to know is if there is any chance of my RAID 0 donít work properly due to lack of the driver during the installation. <o:p></o:p>
    The reason why I suspect that something is wrong is because the windows experience index didnít change as expected ( for disc data transfer rate) it is stucked at 5.9 as it was before the raid was made.<o:p></o:p>
    I googled it for some answers but without success <o:p></o:p>

Thanks for your time and Sorry about the bad EnglishÖ<o:p></o:p>
    Cheers!<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

My system:
    Q6600 @3,0 Ghz (1.3v); GA-X48-DS4; ATI HD3850; 4x1Gb OCZ 1000Mhz (@ 1066); 2x500GB WD RAID-0; Huntkey greenstar 550W; Window 7 Ultimate 64 bits<o:p></o:p>

Default Raid 0 done without ICH9R driver

I did some tests with HD tune Pro and I’m not sure if the results are ok I would appreciate if someone give me some information on this matter
    Sorry, I forgot to tell… My HDs are both western digital caviar green 500gb
    Last edited by DrPhill; 02-07-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information