Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Question about ssd

Default Question about ssd

Hi,new in the forum and i want ask some questions about my new Vertex 2.I have the M3A785GXH/128M and 5 days ago a installed the ssd.I turn from IDE to ACHI,i did all the ssd-tweaks but i think i get a little slow performance.During the installation i had only the ssd pluged on the mobo (i have also a spinpoint f3 1TB),i set it the first boot device and the first hard drive but when i turn the pc on it shows 0000 Samsung 0001Vertex 2 and 0002 the optical drive.I think that the Vertex should be the 0000 device,or not?Should i do anything else in the bios,some other settings?I forget to mentioned that i don't get the right numbers in the benchmarks.I run ATTo about 5 times and i never get 285/275.What's going on?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Question about ssd

The more you bench the Sandforce drives the slower it will get, don't bench it for a while and the speed will go back up.

Default Re: Question about ssd

Ok,thanks for the reply.In fact i don't get lower numbers after every bench,i get allmost the same results but i never reach 285/275.The higher that i got is about 275/250,numbers from ATTo.I think the ssd works fine but i don't got this extreme performance everybody talks for.The difference from a hdd is very litlle.I didn't run very demanding programs but i can't see big difference.

Thread Information