Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Review




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    Glad to hear that! its really a great read, everyone should see it! Oh and btw your really lucky to got this babies in Raid0 i envy you! (scary fast!) if i'm not mistaken the latest Intel driver support TRIM in RAID or i'm wrong?

    Sorry for strange conclusions and questions, but i'm a bit noob with SSD disks and controlers etc :)
    Last edited by Psyside; 11-15-2010 at 06:13 PM.
    CPU| Corei7 920@3.8Ghz
    MB| Gigabyte X58 Extreme
    VGA| Sapphire 5870
    PSU| Cooler Master RP1000W
    Display| NEC2490-BK-SV
    Case| CM Haf 932
    Ram|A-DATA 6GB DDR3 @1440Mhz
    HDD| 2x Samsung F3 raid0(storage) & SSD A-DATA S596 (OS)
    Sound Card| Asus Xonar D1
    Headphones| Sennheiser HD595
    Mouse| Logitech G5
    Keyboard| Logitech Wave
    Surround Sound| Logitech X-530

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    Excellent review!!

    I'm planning on upgrading to 2 128GB's when the prices drop early next year and migrating the 64GB version I have to the wife's machine. I'm also excited to see how the new Mushkin SSD's with the SF-2500 chip will preform when they come out. Once there is a little more competition we should start seeing some better value. It's a lot easier to swallow $1.xx/GB vs +$2.

    Do you know if Sandforce makes board level controllers or are they just doing the SSD's? I've done a little searching but haven't been able to find a RAID card with one of their controllers. Also does Marvell have a next gen chip in the works? I'd like to know what my options are if a board with an ICH11R isn't in the upgrade path.
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2 BIOS FC3
    CPU: i7 950 W/
    Kingwin HTC XT-1264 & Scythe fan.
    RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB 998805
    V/C: Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    PSU:
    ABS Dark Beret 1000w
    Case: Atnec P180
    HDD: 1x Crucial C300 64GB & 2x WD Caviar Blue 500GB raid 0

  3. #13
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyside View Post
    Glad to hear that! its really a great read, everyone should see it! Oh and btw your really lucky to got this babies in Raid0 i envy you! (scary fast!) if i'm not mistaken the latest Intel driver support TRIM in RAID or i'm wrong?

    Sorry for strange conclusions and questions, but i'm a bit noob with SSD disks and controlers etc :)
    Thanks, comments like these make doing reviews so much more enjoyable!! Feel free to link it around when you see fit :)

    No TRIM in RAID as of yet. They must not be able to do it or surely they would have by now?

    Quote Originally Posted by anit77 View Post
    Excellent review!!

    I'm planning on upgrading to 2 128GB's when the prices drop early next year and migrating the 64GB version I have to the wife's machine. I'm also excited to see how the new Mushkin SSD's with the SF-2500 chip will preform when they come out. Once there is a little more competition we should start seeing some better value. It's a lot easier to swallow $1.xx/GB vs +$2.

    Do you know if Sandforce makes board level controllers or are they just doing the SSD's? I've done a little searching but haven't been able to find a RAID card with one of their controllers. Also does Marvell have a next gen chip in the works? I'd like to know what my options are if a board with an ICH11R isn't in the upgrade path.
    Thanks man, glad you enjoyed the read!

    Crucial will soon be releasing the C400, so that's something to also look forward to. What and where have you heard news about the Mushkin drive you mentioned? (Send me PM, thanks)

    I don't think Sandforce makes anything like that, just the inner SSD controllers. Not sure what Marvell has in the works, hopefully something better than 9128 if they are working on something.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks man, glad you enjoyed the read!

    Crucial will soon be releasing the C400, so that's something to also look forward to. What and where have you heard news about the Mushkin drive you mentioned? (Send me PM, thanks)

    I don't think Sandforce makes anything like that, just the inner SSD controllers. Not sure what Marvell has in the works, hopefully something better than 9128 if they are working on something.
    No problem!! Glad there a people like you in this world!

    Wasn't thinking... ;)
    Last edited by anit77; 11-16-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2 BIOS FC3
    CPU: i7 950 W/
    Kingwin HTC XT-1264 & Scythe fan.
    RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB 998805
    V/C: Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    PSU:
    ABS Dark Beret 1000w
    Case: Atnec P180
    HDD: 1x Crucial C300 64GB & 2x WD Caviar Blue 500GB raid 0

  5. #15
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    Thanks, always nice to hear!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-16-2010 at 02:02 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    Wow. I've been considering a C300, but (as I described in another thread) I am running my hard drives off of the Asus U3S6 which uses the Marvell 9123 controller. From what I have read, the 9123 is the same as the 9128 without RAID support.

    I'm concerned that you were able to get a single drive to disconnect. That would not be good for a boot drive. I understand that the probability might be low, but still not a comforting thought.

    Great information, and thorough review! Good job!

  7. #17
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    Thanks for your comments on the review, glad you liked it!!

    As for my single drive dropping comments, that mainly applies to heavy stress instances which a normal boot disk or normal use of a disk probably wouldn't cause. I guess I should have better clarified that in the review, but I did say only in certain instances, meaning not in real world use of the drive as a boot drive but under heavy stress tests such multiple heavy benchmarks.

    I think you would be fine using one on that controller as your OS drive, as long as you are not benching it to death

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    I have an ASROCK P55 Extreme 4 motherboard and I need to properly install SATA 6/0 Marvel driver for my Crucial C300 256gb SSD. What is the proper procedure? I installed drivers after installing win 7, and I have very slow read/write speeds. May Intel 80gb ssd is much faster.

    What is total proper procedure to install drivers after BIOS posting?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    This article shows great results for c300 read/write, but I must have done the installation wrong. Using AS SSD I get better results on a SATA 3.0 port than on a SATA 6.0 port. The SATA 3 is an intel driver. The SATA 6 is a Marvel 9128. What is the proper procedure to install Win 7 on the C300?

    My system is i7 860, Asrock P55 Extreme4 motherboard, 4gb Geil ddr3 2133,
    Crucial C300 256gb SSD, 1050 watt power supply, XFX 5970 Black Edition, Win 7 64 bit.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

    I think you can uninstall the marvel drivers and let win7 find and install its own
    You are using ahci mode for your ssd?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •