Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Review

Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

I think I have the 6.0 drivers properly installed now. You have to install Marvel 6.0 drivers at Win 7 install point that shows a "load drivers' screen.

I was getting AS SSD read of 258mb with my Intel 80gb SSD on SATA 2 ports and 187MB with my C300 256gb SSD on Marvel SATA 6.0 ports. C300 gave me 256mb on SATA II ports.
    This is because I installed Marvel drivers after installing Win 7.

I decided to save my C300 for upcoming P67 build. My WD Black 1TB Faex 6.0 drive is fast enough for everything with my i7 860.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Toby5; 02-27-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB Single Vs. RAID W/ Marvell - ICH10R & HPT RR 640 - Rev

Only the Marvell Magni Console driver is suggested for install, and you don't "Have" to install any driver unless you are using RAID mode. The console driver can help speeds if you are having issues, if you are not it is best to not install any Marvell drivers.

They have improved some since this review, but I still find them to be unstable compared to the MSAHCI driver. When I say they, I mean the normal mv91xx drivers and not the Console driver that I suggested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information