Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Fatality 1 Users

Default Asrock Fatality 1 Users

Hi All,

First time to post on this site and it seems like a great site.

Here is my issue: I have a 128GB Crucial SATA 3 SSD, which I have Windows 7 installed in SATA port "0." I have 2 300 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor drives that I had setup in Raid 0 utilizing the Intel Rapidstorage Software. Everything worked fine until I had to do a CMOS reset. After that my Raid Array was gone. I tried to open the Intel Rapidstorage file, but received an error message stating that my equipment did not meet the requirements. I thought the Marvell SATA 3 and Marvell SATA 2 ports were seperate, but if you select Raid under the SATA 2 section it also includes the SATA 3 (my SSD). It seems that my only solution is to reformat the drives and create a new Raid Array. I had installed hours of data and would like to recover the array if possible. Thanks for your assistance.
    Intel I7 2600 CPU
    Asrock Fatality 1 Motherboard
    G.Skill 8 GB Rijaws PC-17000 DDR 3 Ram
    Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
    EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified 3 GB Video Card
    Crucial 128 GB SATA 3-6 GB SSD Drive (Windows 7 Installed)
    2 300 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor Drives (SATA 2)
    Blu-Ray Drive
    DVD/Burner Drive
    PSU/Cooler Master 850 Watt
    Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case

Default Re: Asrock Fatality 1 Users

Hi All,

Since I have had so many people look at my thread with no answers, I thought I would act on my own to solve the issue. I purchased the following SATA controller card:Newegg.com - HighPoint RocketRAID 2640X4 SGL PCI-Express x4 SATA / SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) Controller Card in order to create a raid array using hardware instead of software, and to bypass the Marvell SATA controller (which sucks by the way). I will let you know how the system is working when I have it setup. By the way, when I selct "AHCI" on both controller selections SATA 2 & SATA 3 it will not read the SSD even though it was set as the only boot device. As a final note, this is a "B3" version on the motherboard.
    Intel I7 2600 CPU
    Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
    Blu-Ray Drive
    DVD/Burner Drive

Default Re: Asrock Fatality 1 Users

Hi All,

Wow! I have just spent hours with this machine (I know I'm not the smartest guy on the site), but I can verify that the Raid controller card did not work. I have everything working now with the SSD drive booting under AHCI and my two Raptor drives in RAID. It is too long to go into here, but if anyone has a similar setup and is having troubles; let me know and I will gladly help you out. Take care.
    Intel I7 2600 CPU
    Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
    Blu-Ray Drive
    DVD/Burner Drive

Thread Information