Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: warning disk write caching is disabled?

i just got bootvis and it helped a bit but on the disc usage graph it says real big in red WARNING DISK WRITE CACHING IS DISABLED - is that bad? its red so it cant be too good:shoot3:

Why do you have it disabled for? :?:

i havent the slightest - could it be default to disabled? and what do i do to turn it on - thanks wiggo:shoot3:

Ok then this maybe it, do you have DMA enabled for the drive/s in Windows? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

sorry wiggo - what is that - im looking but i dont find...uh that - i know something switched wrong or something - thanks for the help:shoot3:

Go into your device manager and check the drive/s and controller/s properties and make sure that they're DMA enabled. ;)

all i see is disc quota is disabled? tabs general tools hardware sharing quota found more drive properties hardware i feel so dumb sometimes:shoot3:

Well I'm not that up to scratch with XP yet so someone else maybe able to help you unless I can get access to one of the duellin' XP's here. ;)

thanks for trying - i swear its xp - locking me out of dangerous options or something - i need the training wheels off this thing called windows! if you can point some worty xp buddy my way id apreciate it - i dont want to dilute the forums with this post a third time!:shoot3:

Thread Information