Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: mSATA Future

Default mSATA Future

In Comptex exhibition held on TaiBei 2011, We can see many mSATA vedors dispayed their mSATA, like Intel 310, RENICE X3, Sandisk U100,I100 used on thin-notebooks. Especially Lenovo Thinkpad series..However, thinkpad has two slots, one is 2.5"SATAII HDD, another is mSATA slot which can be used as system disk. Many PC Vendors is changing thier mainstream 2.5" SATAII slot into mSATA slotThen, we can see many kinds PC manufacture takes on main storage as mSATA slot which should be very popular in the near future.

Default Re: mSATA Future

I had one of the Lenovo notebooks here and it was really cool. There is an article in the Storage Section that discusses the MyDigitalSSD mSATA drive. The Renice drive review will be up in a few days.

mSATA SSD Not only being the only drive option in Ultrabook ( future netbooks), But will be common even in larger notebooks and desktops in future.which recent Computex reports shows a desktop motherboard with an mSATA port.

As to the mSATA for notebook, i saw a review Publised in StorageReview-update lenovo X220i with Renice X3 mSATA mSATA SSD Update my Thinkpad x220i for your review

yep,mSATA is becoming more and more popular as INTEL 310 series came out.

Now LENOVO's T/W/X series notebooks nearly all have mSATA slot.

I guess there will be more and more SSD manufacturers will have this SSD drive released in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisram View Post
    I had one of the Lenovo notebooks here and it was really cool. There is an article in the Storage Section that discusses the MyDigitalSSD mSATA drive. The Renice drive review will be up in a few days.
    Yes, i saw, very nice review. how much of it?

Quote Originally Posted by herry View Post
    mSATA SSD Not only being the only drive option in Ultrabook ( future netbooks), But will be common even in larger notebooks and desktops in future.which recent Computex reports shows a desktop motherboard with an mSATA port.

As to the mSATA for notebook, i saw a review Publised in StorageReview-update lenovo X220i with Renice X3 mSATA mSATA SSD Update my Thinkpad x220i for your review

Updated News: I consulted RENICE official website and got feedback that 1.8" ZIF SSD with Sandforce would be ready in the third quater. the speed should be extremely fast !Very Expected!

Thread Information