Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Want to hit over 80,000 with a single ssd? Chris?

Default Want to hit over 80,000 with a single ssd? Chris?

For the last couple of months I've been waiting to get a single controller SSD in house that manages to break the 80,000 Mark line. The Mushkin Chronos Deluxe comes very close, over 79,000! As you can see in the charts, the Deluxe is very fast in the day to day tasks, but these tests are when the drive is operating under optimal conditions.
    Look here is my M4 128 fw 0009

here is a friends m4 256 fw 0009 i benched

I cant hit 80,000 But YOU can! my vantage scores are ALWAYS a few thousand points lower than yours no matter the drive. I think if you re-visit the m4 put fw0009 on it you will hit over 80,000. Just try it
    Jon Coulter Storage Editor TweakTown

Default Re: Want to hit over 80,000 with a single ssd? Chris?

I really need to start looking on the boards more. Thanks for the info!

I did a retest with the new 0009 firmware, even on the same mobo listed with those results. I didn't hit 80K with the drive, really close though.

I did just break 85K about a month ago on a single drive! The drive is the Corsair Performance Pro and you'll be able to read about it in detail really soon. I wouldn't shelve your SF-2281 drive just yet though:)

Hi Chris and thanks for the response. Loved your performance pro review. I have the 128gb model. I do think you do miss the boat a little with respect to sandforce drives. Why dont you show what happens to sandforce drive once write throttling kicks in and performance drops by around 1/3? this can easily be induced by running as ssd at 4000mb test x 9 a few times. Just try it. You will see that they become slowforce drives. If you visit sandforce mfg. forums you will see tons of people reach this state and their drives will not recover. This state will be enviably reached with a sandforce drive and it cannot recover without se. Just look at the access times of the performance pro compared to the slow access times of sandforce drives. I believe the performance pro is the superior drive.

here is mine:

now lets see any sandforce drive do that yours will be over 900 points

the 128gb version of the performance pro will stomp any 120 gb sf drive thats for sure
    Last edited by Bill Gates; 01-05-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Jon Coulter Storage Editor TweakTown

The 128GB drive arrived right before I took off for CES. I'm running it tomorrow and will see what tips up. As for the SlowForce, cool name but under real world conditions the issue isn't hit. I'll pull the MaxIOPS drive that's in my gaming rig tomorrow and see what I come up with. The drive has a good 3+ months of daily use on it. I'm also ready to pull two OWC drives, one with synch and one with asynch flash to see what happens to them with long term use. Those drives are in my boys two gaming systems that use identical components other than the SSDs.

Thread Information