Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Corsair Obsidian 800D and installation of SSD

Piospi is offline Junior Member

Default Corsair Obsidian 800D and installation of SSD

Hello everyone.

My case is Obsidian 800D and I have a question. If I connect the SSD to the this Hello everyone.

My case is Obsidian 800D and I have a question. If I connect the SSD to the this : http://www.bjorn3d.com/Material/revi.../hdd2_stor.jpg I will have a delays ? Is better to connect directly to the motherboard?

Thanks for answers smile.gifI will have a delays ? Is better to connect directly to the motherboard?

Thanks for answers

Default Re: Corsair Obsidian 800D and installation of SSD

Hi Piospi

The short answer is it would be smarter to connect all of your drives direct to the mobo because as someone else discovered in another thread Hot Swapping SATA on Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Issues
    there are issues such as delays or the drives not being detected when using this hot swappable bay that comes with the case.
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Piospi is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Corsair Obsidian 800D and installation of SSD

Quote Originally Posted by SaphireX View Post
    Hi Piospi

The short answer is it would be smarter to connect all of your drives direct to the mobo because as someone else discovered in another thread Hot Swapping SATA on Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Issues
    there are issues such as delays or the drives not being detected when using this hot swappable bay that comes with the case.
    Hmmm, ok. Thank you for help !:)

Thread Information